Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Not Like I Used to Be

(Photo from Flickr by Tomcat)

It shattered all illusion.  Illusion of fitness, that is.  Smugness.  Oh, I exercise almost daily, I said.  I am fit.  I'll just take this indoor cycling class because it's dark now after work.  I can't go for a walk during the week until Spring.  I guess I'll do a couple of these 45 minute cycling workouts for maintenance. Hah!  I got so tired tonight at one point I almost fell off the bike - and I wasn't even working as hard as everybody else. 

On top of that, I got nauseous from drinking Pine-Sol tasting water.  Why, you might ask?  Because this morning I pulled my old bike's water bottle off the cobwebbed bike in the garage.  It looked kinda moldy, so I thought I would "sanitized" it by soaking it in water with a bit of disinfectant - Pine-Sol.  I had no fear; I could rinse it out.  Mistake.  I think I poisoned myself.

I'm still coughing from the strain on my lungs.  I used to do high impact aerobics regularly just, oh, 10 or 15 years ago... hmmmm.  The first step back is the hardest.


7 comments:

  1. OMG -- lie down until the urge passes, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh jennifer - you poor thing!!! get yourself a new water bottle . . . go after the refining of your body slowly and with care and kindness. it'll do everything you ask as long as you're nice to it!!!! so be kind to yourself! steven

    ReplyDelete
  3. ughghhh tell me about it, i started boot camp monday and i'm so sore i can't even walk today... so out of shape... but hey at least we're trying right?
    try washing your bottle with some lemon juice it should clean it out well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, noooooo!!! Please do take care of yourself!!!! And buy a new water bottle!!! ~Janine XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer, I feel your pain. I really do. I also exercise daily, but last week I strained my arm using my knitting machine! OMG, way too embarrassing to admit but there you go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good on you for doing any sort of exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got nauseous from drinking Pine-Sol tasting water.

    Make website india

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love having you at my table with me.

Something About Sunsets

There is something about sunsets that always makes me melancholy.  Dylan Thomas whispers in my ears.  "Do not go gentle into that goo...