Sunday, October 24, 2010

I Feel So Rich

It's about the ripeness of fall.  The garden's bounty.  The color abundance.  The clear, fresh air.  





Combine that with almost liquid pleasure of a good book, its cornucopia of language tumbling into my brain and filling me like rich dessert.

Combine that with the luxuriousness of Sunday, all that time to indulge yourself in doing whatever you want.  I get to peruse the garden and gather the vegetables I want.  This Sunday I've made carrot cake from the carrots I pulled, potato and beet soup with sage and mint.  Orange, cream, purple and green.  All creations from things I've pulled out of the ground. 



Nourishment for my body, delight for my eyes, richness for my soul.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting. I love having you at my table with me.

Something About Sunsets

There is something about sunsets that always makes me melancholy.  Dylan Thomas whispers in my ears.  "Do not go gentle into that goo...